my taste

Top food blogs

Monday, March 25, 2013

Today Dishing: Sunday Dinners




When my kids were growing up, my husband traveled Monday's through Friday's. Because he wasn't home for weekday dinners, Sunday dinner became a big deal. That Sunday dinner mentality remains with me today and I am lucky enough to get the grown kids here on most Sunday's.

While looking for something new to make I happened across this recipe for Fallen Chocolate Cake in this month's (March 3013) issue of bon appetit.  I've been making the same flourless chocolate cake for years. The recipe is easy and the result is a standout. But I am a push-over for recipes with pictures. The picture looked yummy and the recipe looked easy. I needed quick because remember it's still March Madness and my attendance at a watch party was mandatory.
         
The reviews were good, although the majority thought the topping unnecessary. It is worth trying.

Knowing that bacon improves the taste of just about everything, my interest peaked while watching Michael Symon on The Chew make bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. Again, I prepped ahead of the game and the cook time was minimal. This was a huge hit with the Sunday dinner group. Aromas filled the house that reminded me of my own Sunday dinners growing up. The gang especially loved the sauce. This entree is certainly "company worthy"
The recipe can be found on the chew.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment