my taste

Top food blogs

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Today Dishing: Recipes from Friends, Baked Clams in Shells


 Kicking off week #2 of Recipes from Friends, I bring you baked clam shells. No shucking, no cleaning, no mess involved.

This recipe comes from my sister’s mother-in-law, Grandma Anne. It is easy, easy, and easy. Champagne pairs with these nicely. I use the shells shown. Similar shells can be found on eBay at reasonable prices. Last year, however, when visiting my son in Florida, I made these for a dinner party but didn’t have the shells. Instead, I used small ramekins. The shells certainly make a better presentation but the dish was a hit nonetheless.

                                                       

BAKED CLAM SHELLS
Ingredients
2 cans  (6.5 oz.) minced clams, drained
1 can (15 oz.) white clam sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (sharp or mild)
¾ cup bread crumbs( I use Italian seasoned)
Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
Lemons for garnish
Cooking spray

Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix drained clams, clam sauce, cheddar cheese and bread crumbs in a bowl. Add more cheese and or breadcrumbs until mixture holds together and isn’t runny.
Spray the shells with cooking spray
Fill the shells with mixture.  The amount depends on the size of your shells.
Top each shell with a sprinkle of Parmesan
Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes.
                                            
If you like clams, you will love this.

No comments:

Post a Comment