my taste

Top food blogs

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Today Dishing: Recipes from Friends, Parmesan Popovers





                   

 Stretching the definition of “friends”, today I present to you the recipe for Parmesan Popovers from Reel Club in Oakbrook.

If you have dined there, you know these tasty tidbits are a “reel” treat. Having lunched there several times, I was aware of how easily one can devour a basket of these. I did not know however, that these little pretties are gluten free.

Last Thursday evening my family met at Reel Club for  dinner. Sparing you all the details suffice it to say our experience was top notch. My son, who lives in Florida, commented that he had to come home to Chicago to have the best fish he’s eaten in years.
Our server, Olga treated us as VIP’s.  When I asked if we could take the remaining popovers home she said, “of course and if you like I can give you the recipe”. With the blessing of Chef Chris, she gave us not only the recipe but also the tapioca starch called for in the recipe. I honestly could not believe my good fortune.

                                    

At meals’ end, Olga surprised my son with this lovely and delicious dessert that was enjoyed by us all.
I whole-heartedly endorse Reel Club. Do yourself a favor and experience Reel Club for lunch or dinner but at the very least experience these popovers at home. They are a “reel” catch.

                                                                  
                                                           
                                                                   
 Reel Club Parmesan Popovers

Ingredients
     2 Eggs
     1 cup sour tapioca starch
     1 cup tapioca starch
     ½ cup corn oil
     1 cup milk
     1 cup parmesan cheese
     1 pinch salt
Procedure
1.     Place the eggs, starch, oil and milk in the blender and mix well.
2.     Briefly mix in the cheese.
3.     Adjust the salt as needed.
4.     Bake in mini muffin tins at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
5.     Let sit 5 minutes before serving.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment