my taste

Top food blogs

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Today Dishing: More Plates



Okay, I mentioned that I have a problem with dishes. Well, now may be the time for an intervention.
Yesterday, while shopping for decorative pillows with my daughters, I found myself face to face with these lovely Lenox, Floral Fusion plates.
   
                                  
As a believer in mixing and matching plates from different collections, I found it difficult to walk away from these in that they pair perfectly with a set of Kate Spade, Grammercy Park Collection, Rutherford Circle Pink also by Lenox, I already own.
                                   

You can see my dilemma. Look what happens when put together.
                                   

To add to my difficulty these plates mimic the color scheme of my dining room. Trust me, it’s not easy finding one plate containing both hot pink and lime green. The room is rather Palm Beach, Copa Cabana meets Tradition Home.


I find the same plate can take on a totally different look when paired with different pieces.

                                           

Here with Fontessa bone china chargers.                  Here with silver plated chargers.


And remember the Villeroy Verona chargers? Look how they complement this pairing. There seems to be no end to how these plates can be used with what I already have.
                                                          

I said it before. I have a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment