my taste

Top food blogs

Friday, January 24, 2014

Today Dishing: Pete's Fresh Market

My town was slated to get a Pete's Fresh Market but due to Mariano's coming to town, those plans have been put on hold. Curious about what we might be missing and because I am a sucker for these new wave fresh markets, I ventured to Pete's Fresh Market in Lombard.

While carting through the aisles of what has to be the largest produce department I've ever seen, the aroma of fresh vegetables and fruits filled the air. The arrangement of produce was visually stunning and I saw vegetables I have never seen before.  The sheer size of the organic section puts my local Whole Foods to shame. If the store consisted only of this produce department, it would be worth the trip.
 
                                                                                   

This display of peppers is a vision of beauty.
                                                   

Both the meat and fish sections were inviting. I purchased a large piece of cod that proved to be fresh, tender and meaty.
This is one side of a  two-sided olive bar.

The prepared food section was bustling  with people. Judging from the long line of people ordering lunch, many in business attire, the food is good.
My only negative comment is the narrow aisles. The specialty areas claim sufficient area but the food aisles are challenging for even two carts.

Because this store is so far from my home it won't be my weekly shopping stop but I am glad I experienced the store.

I don't know who Pete is, but he has one fine store.

No comments:

Post a Comment