my taste

Top food blogs

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Today Dishing: Weddings



 Because my daughter's wedding is two months away, I find myself with an abundance of topics to share on this blog. But because my daughter's wedding is two months away I am not "allowed" to share any of it with you at this time except to say that I do have a dress. That, however does not prevent me from continuing in my search for a better dress.

My oldest daughter's wedding is almost three years past and with her permission I am able to share some elements of her  special day.

When planning a wedding a vision is of utmost importance. Staying true to that vision is difficult because many web sites  such as etsy and pintrest offer a plethora of ideas that can easily blur that vision. My advise to anyone planning a wedding, or any party for that matter, is constantly edit yourself.

Brides fine great ideas and want to use as many as their budgets allow. Even if a budget is of no concern, in weddings, as in life, more is not always more.

My daughter's vision was an all white wedding with a nod to the couples interest and love of wine.

From the following pictures hopefully this vision will be clear.


The bride wore Badgley Mischka.

An espelette often called a vignette table displays a myriad of white flowers.
The reception cards are  displayed on wine corks. The table numbers were displayed on wine bottles.
                                                           
The "Best Lady" and bridesmaids wore BCBG.
Various white flowers  at the base of large palm leaves, silver chargers and fruitwood chiavari chairs enhance the look.
At the head table white hydrangea and white stargazers are added to the palm leaves. White hydrangea line the length of the table.The table sat 22 so as to accommodate the attendants and their guests. A white flower lays atop the menu card. And a good time was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. Nice photographs! I must admit that entire wedding was really beautiful. I am thinking to use a Rustic theme for my wedding reception party at local Los Angeles wedding venues. Looking for awesome decoration ideas for it.

    ReplyDelete