my taste

Top food blogs

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Today's Dish: Stop and Smell the Roses, Tulips, and Peonies, etc...




I have a friend who doesn't believe in spending money on flowers because they die. Quite honestly, I have no response to that.
When my kids were young, I thought it important to have fresh flowers in the house as much as possible. I am not certain whom I did that for but as a full time mom those flowers brought me joy.  And in that my children display fresh flowers in their own spaces today, I can’t help think they too enjoyed them.
I’m sure, at one time, fresh flowers in the home were an extravagance, but today with the blossoming of floral departments in grocery stores, flowers are now available to the masses at reasonable prices. Trader Joe’s Whole Foods, Mariano’s, Cost-Co, Jewel, and Dominick’s all carry fresh flowers.
For as little as $3.00-$4.00 you can purchase a beautiful bunch to grace your kitchen, bathroom, family room, well just anywhere your heart desires.
Flowers should always be part of your entertaining scheme, but they’re not just for entertaining anymore. I suppose we think flowers are just for special occasions, but by having them, everyday becomes special.
That $4.00 bunch of flowers can easily last for up to two weeks.  That’s a lot of bang for your buck.  Isn’t living well worth $2.00 a week. You are worth it.  Your family is worth it. And when they die, which they will, you be will eager to replace them and spend yet another $4.00 to bring joy and beauty to your life.
Now take a deep breath and go arrange your flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment