my taste

Top food blogs

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Today Dishing: More Color

Still not sure about your favorite color?  Look in your closet. If the colors we use to decorate our homes tell us something about ourselves then does it not stand to reason that the colors of our clothes should also reveal some personality traits? Well, I hope not.  Upon inspection, my closet reveals a sea of blacks, grays, navy blues and browns hanging  amidst a rather large  number of white blouses and tops. And how many pairs of black pants does anyone really need?

I like wearing color; therefore,after facing the reality of my black and white closet, I decided to concentrate on adding color to my wardrobe. Easier said than done.

If you’re twenty-something color is more readily available. Just check out a BCBG store or go on line to view a vast array of vibrant colors. But for, how shall I say, the more mature shopper, strong color palettes are scarce.

I believe we all know which colors look best on us. But is it possible we all look best in BLACK?  I think not.  Or is it that the vast majority of clothes for our demographic are black or dark?

Maybe it’s time we each establish a signature color. Find  the color that enhances the color of our eyes, makes our skin look radiant and brightens our mood as well as the mood of all we encounter.

The color of our clothes reflect our personalities as much as the colors of our home furnishings do. The predominant color in our closets should be the color we feel most comfortable wearing.

I’d say our work is cut out for us.  And no, I am  not including a picture of my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment