my taste

Top food blogs

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Today Dishing: Re-purposing Fabric

While searching for some left over burlap needed to wrap a wine bottle, I came  across a  box with remnants of fabrics used for various decorating projects. Not finding the burlap, I thought why not try one of these fabrics instead.

Not a fan of wasting, re-purposing these fabrics seemed a good idea. If you sew, which I do not, you no doubt, have a plethora of remnants from which to choose. Wine bottle wrapping maybe the easiest application of this fabric wrapping idea but no doubt other packages could benefit from this more personal approach.

   
.
These two fabrics are samples which were not used in my decorating  but they make lovely bottle wraps.


 

This material is a remnant of the material used for my family room sheers.
And this fabric looks just as good here as it does on my valance and love seat.

Save a tree, re-purpose your fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment