my taste

Top food blogs

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Today Dishing:Wedding Dress Shopping




I am a lucky girl.  Wedding dress shopping with both my daughters was not only painless, it was a pleasure.

While your  daughter is trying on dresses, as a mother observing, I think it’s key not to over react to any one dress. Not reacting is not easy for me but somehow I was able to follow her lead and reinforce her reactions.

I wanted my daughters to choose the dress they wanted, the one they felt made them feel special. I didn’t want my opinion to sway them one way or the other.

Part of the problem with wedding dress shopping is that unlike bathing suit or  jeans shopping, 99% of the dresses tried on look good. What you end up looking for is the dress that comes closest to the vision most brides have of how they want to look on their wedding day.

After months of searching and trying on well over fifty dresses success was ours. Probably the eighth dress tried on this particular day was the one. There it was... the smile. The smile not only of the face but of the entire body. This is the smile no mother should miss. During the course of planning a wedding there are a few poetic moments. And believe me there are several with no poetry in them at all. But this is one poetic moment. The smile on your daughter’s face when she knows this is the dress becomes permanently etched in your brain.


This Reem Acra dress personifies my daughter. It is stylish, princess-like, yet understated and somewhat whimsical. The bedazzled belt adds the touch of bling so much a trademark look for her.
                                                                   
If you have already had this experience, you know of what I speak. If you have yet to be lucky enough to share this experience with your daughter, relish it. And trust me, when you see the smile, you will know it.
                                 


No comments:

Post a Comment